CEO Jim Minnick discusses acquisitions
eVestment is excited to announce the addition of PerTrac and Fundspire to our growing family. By joining forces with these two organizations, we are able to expand our expertise, scale and capabilities to offer the most powerful portfolio of solutions across all asset classes available to institutional investors. The scale and strength of our combined businesses and the commonality of needs will result in more product options for our entire client base and many new possibilities for our associates.
- Largest provider of both traditional and hedge fund data with unmatched data content
- Global provider with 130+ employees and established international consulting firm relationships
- Desktop, web and mobile expertise across an extensive line of offerings
- Strong track record introducing innovative, new solutions organically
- Unparalleled hedge fund data provider with 16+ years’ experience
- Exceptional team of 100+ people around the globe including world-class developers and highly-skilled client specialists
- Comprehensive product suite with 13+ solutions for the investment market
- Great name recognition in the industry
- Next generation cloud-technology provider of hedge fund data
- Expert team with vast knowledge of open source and mobile development
- Easy-to-use platform with instant access to analytics and performance data
- Innovative technology utilizing sleek, versatile and flexible design with interactive capabilities
“Consultants expect hedge funds, private equity and real estate to drive 20% of all search activity and 26% of new or expanded mandates. Defined benefit pension plans appear to favor funds of hedge funds, while non-profit plans are embracing direct investing.”
Retooling Complex Portfolios: 2012 Consultant Search Forecast, Casey Quirk and eVestment Alliance March 2012
Institutional investors are increasingly shifting allocations into alternative investments and are looking for one, integrated view into their full portfolio for analysis and reporting to key stakeholders. These acquisitions further solidify the commitment eVestment has made to the alternatives space and underscore an expectation that portfolio diversification will continue. Together the unified efforts of eVestment, PerTrac and Fundspire will:
- Deliver a comprehensive data set of analytics for both traditional and alternative market needs
- Offer an innovative, best-of-breed web-based analytics solution dedicated to the institutional investment industry
- Serve over 2,500 clients globally and employ 250+ of the best and brightest talent in the financial technology industry
- Extend global reach and resources
PerTrac provides sophisticated analytics, reporting and communications software and services for investment professionals, including pensions, family offices, hedge funds, long-only managers, endowments, sovereign wealth funds, funds of funds and industry service providers. More than 1,400 organizations in 50 countries rely on PerTrac software solutions to help them maximize returns, reduce risk and operate more efficiently.
Fundspire is the next generation cloud-based technology provider in the alternative investment industry that is leading the shift to web-based hedge fund analytics and reporting. Fundspire’s impressive innovation allows companies to offer instant and easy access to performance and risk analysis to their investment teams across the globe, as well as providing interactive analytic reporting to investors or clients worldwide.
Learn more about our new acquisitions by reading the press release and a message from our CEO.