Equity strategies captured every spot on the list of top strategies reviewed by global eVestment users in March, according to the March 2018 eVestment Advantage Viewership data. This is understandable given recent stock market volatility, with eVestment users reviewing equity strategies around the world to monitor existing positions and perhaps look for opportunities.
Some interesting points from the latest data include:
- March’s top reviewed products list among global institutional investors and consultants contained 13 new equity products, five of which were globally-focused and four EAFE-focused. Artisan Partners joined the top reviewed list with products focusing on each region: Artisan Partners Limited Partnership: Artisan Non-U.S. Growth (EAFE) and Artisan Partners Limited Partnership: Artisan Global Opportunities (Global).
- Africa/Middle East-based and Canada-based users showed divergent interest in fixed income products from February to March. The number of such products in the top reviewed list increased from one to six for Africa/Middle East-based while it decreased from five to one for Canada-based. All seven of these fixed income strategies were either globally-focused or US-focused.
- Europe ex-UK users were the only regional breakout to count a real estate strategy amongst their top reviewed products list (American Realty Advisors: American Core Realty Fund LP). And with only one balanced/multi-asset strategy on the Europe ex-UK, equity strategies captured the vast majority of strategies gaining the most attention from Europe ex-UK users.
- Among global investor and consultants, the top two universes by month-over-month change in average reviews per product were both Europe-focused: Pan-Europe Mid Cap Equity and Europe ex-UK Large Cap Core Equity. Within the Pan-Europe universe, BNP Paribas Asset Management: Europe Midcap Equities had the most reviews in March, while within the Europe ex-UK universe it was J O Hambro Capital Management Limited: JOHCM Continental European.
- APAC users had the most fixed income universes in their the top reviewed (average per product) universe list in March, increasing from two in February to six in total. These fixed income universes were also geographically diverse, including three globally-focused, one Asia-focused, one US-focused, and one UK-focused.
The Advantage investment viewership data is generated through the eVestment Advantage solution and based on tracking daily eVestment user reviews of investment universes and products on eVestment. The report looks at Global, United States, United Kingdom, Europe ex-U.K., Asia-Pacific, Canada and Africa-Middle East profile viewership activity among the institutional investors and consultants who use eVestment. The report looks at the most viewed products and universes overall for the past month and the universes and products that saw the most month-over-month growth in views on the site.
Changes in viewership of asset management firms, their products and geographic focuses can be driven by changing investor demand; positive or negative company news; company marketing initiatives; global or local economic or political events; or other factors. Reviewing this data on its own tells a high-level story of what investors and consultants were interested in during the past month. And comparing this data to world and corporate events can offer a unique insight into institutional investors’ concern about these events.
Click here to view the full data.