Industry News

Check out the latest news and insight from the ever-evolving world of institutional investing and hedge funds from around the globe.

Jing Chen has been eVestment’s hedge fund industry news reporter since 2011. To submit industry-related press releases or request feature ideas please contact her at editor@evestment.com

News Archive

Read More Industry News >

Citigroup Hedge Fund Spin-Out Hires Options

Mar 25, 2013
Jing Chen

Citigroup hedge fund spin-out Napier Park Global Capital has hired infrastructure products provider Options.

Options announced in a statement released Monday that Napier has chosen the infrastructure products provider’s PIPE Core solution, which is a “complete business technology infrastructure service providing a robust and resilient technology foundation for day-to-day business communication, regulatory compliance and operations management.”

Napier is also utilizing Option’s Momentum services, which “is a fully managed and optimized financial application hosting service for proprietary and vendor applications spanning the front-, middle- and back-office.”

eVestment reported earlier this year that in an attempt to comply with the Volcker Rule, which  aims to protect the financial system by restricting hedge fund investments by U.S. banks, Citigroup had aimed to spin out its hedge fund unit by transferring its 75% stake to the division’s managers under a plan arranged by former CEO Vikram Pandit. Citigroup will keep the remaining 25% stake.

Founded in 1993, Options started out as a hedge fund technology services provider focused on the London market. Currently, it has additional offices in New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 

Source: 

Read More Industry News >


Want to subscribe?

Join 15,000+ of your colleagues to receive daily hedge fund news from the definitive source in traditional and hedge fund data.

Subscribe Now


Hedge Fund Journal Reviews eVestment's Hedge Fund Database

July, 2012

Read More