With built-in Analytics integration, eVestment Holding Analysis provides a view into how asset managers are actively allocating capital across equity securities, sectors, industries and geographies.
Consultants and investors have access to detailed manager holdings. Managers can view their own holdings and aggregated data about holdings of their peers.
Interpreting the impact of investment choices adds value to clients who demand transparency in reporting.
- Demonstrate your added value. Highlight your active management skills by illustrating your active share, key investments and allocations that differ significantly from your peers and benchmarks.
- Understand performance in the context of actual holdings. View which of your holdings were top contributors and top detractors to your overall performance. Show investors how your selection, allocation and timing decisions affected performance.
- Tell your best story across your organization. Ensure your sales, marketing, consulting relations, product development and RFP teams are effectively advocating a consistent and clear message.
As a consultant or investor, breaking down the components of active return is key to better understanding a manager’s performance, evaluating investment decisions and determining the right questions to ask.
- Understand manager strengths and weaknesses. Deconstruct the individual components of active return to assess managers and identify contributors and detractors to performance.
- Track performance over time. Review trends in a portfolio’s performance, evaluate allocation and policy decisions. Track manager allocations across various equity categories, sectors and geographic regions.
- Verify philosophies and identify potential style drift. Determine if a manager is adhering to stated investment policies through style comparisons to benchmarks and peer groups.