- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Alternative Fund Administration Survey 2019
About the Survey
Now in its 19th edition, the Alternative Fund Administration Survey acts as a key indicator on the growth and maturity of key service providers to alternative asset managers. This survey is based on our conversations with and data submitted by 30 participating firms from a variety of sizes and locations to provide a comprehensive assessment of the industry.
- Participating firms reported private equity, hedge fund, real assets, funds of funds and liquid alternatives assets
under administration of $10.00 trillion, an increase of +18.78% year-over-year.
- Private markets GPs continued to adopt third-party fund administration at a rapid clip. The median respondent grew
real assets AUA by +20.64% year-over-year and private equity and debt AUA by +11.35%.
- The funds of hedge funds segment saw a resurgence in 2018 with median participant FoHF AUA growing +10.99% year-over-year. This is compared to +4.13% for median hedge fund AUA growth, one of the lowest readings in recent memory.
- Fund administrators emphasized the build out of front-/middle-office and data management offerings as a means to servicing more of their clients’ needs and to increasing wallet share.