- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
2016 Alternative Fund Administrator Survey
This annual survey represents the current state of the global alternative fund administration industry.
Some key findings in the report include:
- Major themes for the fund administration business continue to revolve around financial regulatory regimes, industry consolidation, the migration of private equity firms toward the third party administration (TPA) model and service improvements
- Geographically, North America continues to be seen as the top area for growth for administration firms, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Respondents see less or flat opportunity for growth in Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
- Hedge fund administrators were mixed on whether or not investor pressure to reduce fees across alternative investments has actually materialized. While most agreed that such pressure existed, a significant minority dissented saying that they have not witnessed declines in management or performance fees.
- M&A activity in the fund administration space was again robust in 2015, with a number of major firm mergers and acquisition.