- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Alternative Fund Administrator Survey 2017
Industry Survey – Alternative Fund Administration 2017
Institutional investors have increasingly turned to alternatives as a means to improve performance and diversify their portfolios. The subsequent demand for institutional quality infrastructure and the imposition of new regulatory regimes have required a renewed emphasis on operational accuracy and efficiency. Fund administrators have stepped into this environment as key partners to asset managers’ continued success.
The survey represents the current state of the global alternative fund administration industry. We draw from conversations with a variety of firms across size and location to provide a comprehensive assessment of the
Highlights from this report include:
- Participants reported alternative assets under fund administration of USD 7.64 trillion and assets under portfolio administration of USD 1.75 trillion.
- Aggregate asset growth was most robust in the private equity space compared to other asset classes. Asset growth in the funds of hedge funds space remained muted.
- Respondents have become optimistic about growth prospects in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Africa while expectations for European business declined over the year.
- M&A in the fund administration industry was robust in the past year and is expected to continue. The need for broader geographic footprints and for expanding product expertise drove much of the activity.