- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Alternative Fund Administrator Survey 2018
Alternative Fund Administration 2018 – Summary
Institutional investors have continued to turn to alternatives as a means to improve performance and diversify their portfolios. The subsequent demand for institutional quality infrastructure and the imposition of new regulatory regimes have required a renewed emphasis on operational accuracy and efficiency. Fund administrators have stepped into this environment as key partners to asset managers’ continued success.
This survey represents the current state of the global alternative fund administration industry. We draw from conversations with a variety of firms across size and location to provide a comprehensive assessment of the industry.
Highlights from this report include:
- Participants reported alternative fund assets under administration of USD 8.42 trillion and assets under portfolio administration of USD 1.97 trillion.
- Aggregate asset growth was most robust in private equity compared to other asset classes. Administrators continue to expect rapid growth in the private markets space.
- M&A activity in the fund administration industry continued apace in 2017 with both strategic and financial transactions across a number of geographies.
- Fund administrators anticipated greater business growth in developed markets and tempered expectations for Asia-Pacific and Latin America.