- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
April 2017 Hedge Fund Industry Performance Report
Industry Returns Positive for 6th Month in a Row
With one-third of 2017 in the books, the $3 trillion hedge fund industry has generally done well by its investors this year. While some segments produced disappointing results in April, gains have remained the norm over the last six months, and for nearly all of the last fifteen months.
Key findings from this report include:
- Hedge funds returned an average of +0.66% in April, and +3.04% YTD in 2017
- Long/short equity and activists leading the industry
- Emerging markets’ run continues with India pulling away as a clear leader
- Large macro and managed futures funds fall as investor sentiment warmed
Whether you are an eVestment client or not, you can take advantage of highlights from our rich hedge fund research reports. Hedge fund industry research reports publish monthly. Other industry and survey-based reports publish annually.