- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Private Equity CFO Guide to Fund Analytics
As the Chief Financial Officer of a private equity firm, one of your many responsibilities is facilitating the analysis and communication of your funds’ performance. The insights this data can reveal are more important than ever to your colleagues, stakeholders and investors, yet many CFOs are restricted in leveraging their data to its fullest potential due to outdated systems and processes.
As your firm evolves, new funds are raised and the portfolio grows, the value of your private equity performance data only increases – more statistically significant data enables more meaningful and actionable insights. Ensuring an effective performance analytics process is also important for your investor relations and fundraising efforts. Implementing an effective process will enable you to easily point to hard data when raising your next fund, which is key in building trust and confidence with prospective investors.
In this whitepaper, we’ll explore the importance of a robust portfolio analytics process and guide you through the series of questions to ask to ensure your current process is best-in class and helping, not hindering, the growth of your firm.
- Why is a robust private equity fund performance analytics process important?
- Is your process accurate, consistent and repeatable?
- Is your process efficient?
- Does your process promote information sharing?
- Does your process facilitate sophisticated requests and analysis?
- Is your process secure?
With private equity undergoing major change as it matures as an asset class, CFOs must ensure their processes and systems across the whole business are setup to help the firm adapt and grow in sync with the industry.