- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Emerging Markets Report – August 2017
Emerging markets have received a lot of attention recently, offering compelling returns and investment options for institutional and retail investors. This Emerging Markets Report looks at data from more than 2,100 long-only emerging and frontier markets to offer a unique look at emerging market investment trends through 2Q 2017, the latest period for which eVestment data is available.
Highlights from this report include:
- Passive products were the primary recipient of flows in EM equity. Retail investors drove flows for EM fixed income.
- U.S. and Asia-domiciled investor allocations to EM equity significantly lag their European counterparts.
- Institutional investor sentiment toward EM equity seems to have shifted toward positive.
- Sovereign wealth funds were the largest detractors of assets during the past 3 years across both EM equity and fixed income strategies.
- Returns show little evidence to support the need for portfolio management teams to be located within their investment geography.