- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Attracting Investors Through Databases
The importance of databases is undeniable — they effectively serve as your resume to the institutional investing world. In terms of eVestment users, for example, 74 percent of the top consultants as ranked by assets under advisement (AUA) by Pensions & Investments use the eVestment global database for evaluating and awarding mandates. In addition, 25 percent of institutions surveyed in a FundFire survey reported they were de-emphasizing Request for Proposals (RFPs) as a way to identify managers for new mandates. With this growing trend, it is of vital business importance to make sure your firm is reporting data to third-party and consultant databases to increase visibility. Once you decide to focus efforts on submitting data, however, a few questions arise:
- Which databases should I submit to?
- What information is really necessary to populate?
- Can my competitors see my data?
- How many firms are actually meeting the submission deadlines?