- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Hedge Fund Asset Flows Report – July 2019
About the Report
Over 2,000 hedge fund firms submit data about their products to eVestment every month, including performance, assets, strategy details, primary investment markets and regional focuses. The calculated asset flows for these products provide the basis for estimating the distribution and flow of assets through the broad hedge fund industry.
As you are looking to supplement your own research with external sources, the kind of data provided in this report can help you to form an opinion about an asset class or follow the continuing, or emerging trend as you are developing the allocation decisions for your portfolio.
- Investors redeemed an estimated $8.42 billion from hedge funds in July 2019. YTD flows are now negative $55.91 billion, in line with levels seen in 2016.
- Interest in event driven strategies continued in July, though allocations still remain targeted.
- Long/short equity flows continue to be highly negative, though there has been clear interest in products able to perform well.
- EM hedge fund flows were negative in July despite ongoing interest in exposure to China.