- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Hedge Fund Asset Flows Report – September 2019
About the Report
Over 2,000 hedge fund firms submit data about their products to eVestment every month, including performance, assets, strategy details, primary investment markets and regional focuses. The calculated asset flows for these products provide the basis for estimating the distribution and flow of assets through the broad hedge fund industry.
As you are looking to supplement your own research with external sources, the kind of data provided in this report can help you to form an opinion about an asset class or follow the continuing, or emerging trend as you are developing the allocation decisions for your portfolio.
- Investors redeemed an estimated $12.11 billion from hedge funds in September 2019 and $29.37 billion in Q3, the industry’s sixth consecutive quarterly outflow.
- Managed futures had a second consecutive month of inflows, though allocations have been going to a select group of firms.
- Long/short equity and multi-strategy were the primary drivers of outflows in September.
- Aggregate interest in EM has dried up as funds driving early year inflows appear to see demand wane.
Please note: eVestment clients receive full reports automatically. Contact your Client Success Manager for more information.