- Who We ServeOur clients use eVestment's suite of cloud-based analytics and intelligence solutions to help make data-driven decisions, identify and capitalize on global investment trends and better position their funds for success.
Q1 2018 Institutional Stock Ownership Report
Wells Fargo Falls out of Top 20 List on eVestment’s Q1 2018 Institutional Stock Ownership Report
Wells Fargo has dropped off the top 20 list of the most widely held stocks among institutional investment asset managers. Wells Fargo fell off the list from the No. 19 most widely held stock in Q4 2017. The banking and finance giant held the No. 9 spot on the list a year ago in Q1 2017. Citigroup also fell off the top 20 list in Q1 2018 compared to Q4 2017 (it held the No. 16 position in Q4). Taking those firms’ places on the list in Q1 2018 were Mastercard at No. 16 and Oracle at No. 20.
Highlights from this report include:
- Salesforce.com entered the top 10 holdings list for active U.S. Large Cap Growth managers in Q1 2018, displacing Home Depot.
- Large Cap Core equity strategies were most heavily exposed to financials, but most overweight producer durables in Q1 2018.
- Several types of strategies saw big shifts in their top holdings in Q1 2018 compared to Q2 2017: U.S. Mid Cap Growth, U.S. Mid Cap Core and U.S. small cap growth strategies all had four or more stocks enter their segments’ top 10 list.
- Among All U.K. Equity strategies, Unilever joined the top 10 list of manager holdings.
- Among All Japan Equity strategies, Honda rose into the top 10 list of manager holdings.