The challenge of preserving and enhancing the considerable assets of ultra-wealthy families is increasingly formidable. Managers must now address progressively complex investment approaches which include less transparent alternative strategies, more stringent legal and tax requirements, and greater emphasis on all aspects of risk management. Multi-family offices have the additional burden of managing liquidity and cash flows for multiple portfolios as well as preparing timely reports for a broad range of investors.
Family offices and multi-family offices need affordable, efficient methods to screen, research, perform due diligence and monitor managers in their quest to deliver returns and assess risk. They need to know that the data they are using is accurate and fresh — and represents the best options available worldwide across every asset class and strategy. They must take into account their own assets and liabilities and the impact to portfolio risk while screening strategies and tracking exposures.
Meeting the Challenge
eVestment offers a comprehensive suite of solutions for portfolio construction and screening/monitoring managers leveraging the data of the #1 "Must Be In" database as ranked by Money Management Letter and iiSEARCHES. Additionally, our tools allow you to assess portfolio risk and keep up with fund manager documents and communications. With analysis and intelligence available anywhere through web-based technology, family offices can build a pro forma portfolio of hedge funds, long-only funds and other exchange-traded securities. For alternative strategies, eVestment’s analytics provide visibility into long and short-term return rates, Value at Risk (VaR), Kurtosis and Skewness to help evaluate strategies.
Analytics provides a robust engine powered by the eVestment global database where family offices and multi-family offices can:
- Screen potential managers on 2,300+ unique characteristics for traditional investments and 500+ characteristics for alternatives including qualitative information and all relevant index/universe benchmarks
- Screen across 55,000 investment vehicles in all asset classes and geographies
- Ensure screening includes newer managers and newer strategies
- Create polished materials to support presentations and analysis processes for stakeholders
- Compare managers against peers using numerous industry standard calculations
- Construct, analyze and simulate active or pro forma portfolios using the Efficient Frontier and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Track liquidity to view upcoming redemption possibilities and fees associated with those redemptions
Learn More >
Breaking down the components of active return is key to better understanding a manager’s performance, evaluating investment decisions and determining the right questions to ask. eVestment Attribution is an equity holdings-based attribution system that helps you:
- Understand the impact of security, sector and regional decisions as well as style, timing and activity components – quickly determining the manager’s strengths and weaknesses
- Access and review attribution within the same Analytics platform you know and love – complete with advanced filtering, charting and publishing capabilities
- Leverage 100% global institutional holdings data integrated directly into product profiles – no need to import data
- Evaluate attribution against a new and unique peer group relative view called Peer Alpha – think peer group “benchmark” based on actual and aggregated holdings -- or compare against a specific active manger
- Assess attribution analysis for hundreds of managers at once – produce reports in less than a minute
Learn More >
PerTrac RiskPlus helps investors and pensions better understand their portfolio risk using returns-based analysis for both normal and non-normal distributions using traditional and fat-tailed frameworks.
- Assess both risk and upside using a returns-based model
- Utilize an award-winning portfolio risk solution built in partnership with FinAnalytica
- Test your portfolio under pre-defined or custom market conditions and shock factors
- Produce easy-to-interpret reporting quickly
Learn More >
PerTrac Portfolio helps funds of funds and other multi-manager institutional investors enhance transparency and mitigate operational risk by automating and systematizing the processes around the management of their portfolios of hedge funds.
- Understand your portfolio's liquidity with the most robust liquidity terms engine in the industry
- Dynamically calculate your portfolio-level exposures on any chosen date as you model or monitor your portfolio
- Easily reconcile monthly positions to your general ledger, project future cash transactions and track portfolio expenses
Learn More >