Because Multi-Managers and Fund of Funds acts as both investor and fund manager, they need not only superior investment analytics but also effective marketing and communications tools to attract and retain assets under management. Allocators require tools to better access and manage diverse databases of information, build and simulate portfolios, thoroughly analyze a broad array of risk/reward criteria against benchmarks and seamlessly communicate with sub-fund managers and associates. Fund managers need to clearly communicate the factors that distinguish their funds from others as well as provide superior client service and reporting.
Meeting the Challenge
For your allocator role, eVestment offers dynamic and accessible analytical tools to screen managers, evaluate details on long/short exposure/attribution and model impact to portfolio risk and returns of adding a manager. With acquisitions of the HFN database (including over 9,000 active alternative vehicles) and analytics tools through the acquisitions of PerTrac and Fundspire, eVestment offers comprehensive data and both easy-to-use and highly powerful options for analytics. In addition, you can manage liquidity in a transparent way – never missing redemptions.
For your capital-raising role, eVestment can help you more clearly define your strategy relative to competition – with the reporting and presentations to back up your pitch. You can inform your investing strategy with accurate information on institutional asset flows globally – by segment and geography. Contact management solutions help you manage the capital-raising process from marketing to due diligence to investment while tracking details of every interaction. With one click, eVestment can compile and distribute reports in custom templates to key targets. And, by listing your fund-of-fund in the eVestment database, you gain efficient exposure to institutional investors. Seventy-eight percent of the top 50 consultants as ranked by Pensions & Investments in 2013 use the eVestment database to support the screening and selection of managers.
With three options to choose from, Analytics gives Multi-Managers and Fund-of-Funds the ability to better research and assess potential portfolio components as well as competition. You can answer the questions:
- Screen across 55,000 investment vehicles in all asset classes and geographies
- Ensure screening includes newer managers and newer strategies
- Create polished materials to support presentations and analysis processes for stakeholders
- Screen managers using peer comparisons across a number of dimensions
- Model hedge fund portfolios using Efficient Frontier and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Monitor managers for performance against promises — and against peers
- Evaluate your strategy relative to benchmarks and other fund-of-funds
Learn More >
Asset Flows offers a powerful view into global trends – across asset classes – with visibility into strategies, product types and style emphasis. With Asset Flows, you can see:
- What types of products are in or out of vogue?
- What kind of firm is investing in what kind of product and where?
- Am I garnering my expected market share based on volatility/sales efforts/performance?
- Are my investments in sales and marketing paying off relative to the market?
- Are the funds in my portfolio moving ahead of market shifts?
Learn More >
Advantage lets you see how institutional investors are "shopping" for new allocation targets to answer these types of questions:
- What attributes are really driving the decision process?
- What product categories are getting the most interest?
- Who am I being shopped against?
- How are my marketing efforts working?
- Has recent good/bad performance created any unusual spikes in activity that might indicate an opportunity or a challenge?
Peer Alpha is eVestment’s web-based, aggregated peer-holdings database that is fundamentally changing the way allocators assess managers — leveraging the help of the industry’s only 100% institutional equity holdings data.
- Compare your managers portfolio to the average portfolio in a universe
- See how closely your manager is adhering to stated philosophies
- Enhance performance and holding overlap analysis
Learn More >
PerTrac RiskPlus helps investors and plan sponsors better understand their portfolio risk using returns-based analysis for both normal and non-normal distributions using traditional and fat-tailed frameworks.
- Assess both risk and upside using a returns-based model
- Utilize an award-winning portfolio risk solution built in partnership with FinAnalytica
- Test your portfolio under pre-defined or custom market conditions and shock factors
- Produce easy-to-interpret reporting quickly
Learn More >
PerTrac Portfolio helps funds of funds and other multi-manager institutional investors enhance transparency and mitigate operational risk by automating and systematizing the processes around the management of their portfolios of hedge funds.
- Understand your portfolio's liquidity with the most robust liquidity terms engine in the industry
- Dynamically calculate your portfolio-level exposures on any chosen date as you model or monitor your portfolio
- Easily reconcile monthly positions to your general ledger, project future cash transactions and track portfolio expenses
Learn More >