Wealth managers, Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), Broker/Dealers and Wirehouse advisors face continued pressure on profitability as clients dissatisfied with returns drift from higher-cost service models in favor of discount brokers and custodians. In the UK and Australia, 2013 brings new regulations with the requirement that advisors move to a fee-for-service model – absent of commissions and inducements – to decrease bias in advice given. The U.S. is expected to adopt a similar structure as early as 2014. Increased regulations lead to increased transparency and the need to demonstrate sound advisory processes.
Meeting the Challenge
eVestment offers affordable and scalable access to an independent, comprehensive, global database of funds - across all regions and asset classes - populated by managers for use by institutional investors. With flexible, intuitive screening capabilities, your firm can narrow down managers to those meeting your criteria – based on style, ownership, manager experience, ethical performance, risk attributes, impact to portfolio, etc. in an inclusive way – with documented evidence of your search methodology. You can then generate tear sheets for advisors to share with clients on funds you recommend. Ongoing manager monitoring against benchmarks and client-facing reporting is supported with sophisticated, customized reporting that is accessible even to new users. For your research departments, there are advanced simulation and modeling capabilities for both traditional and fat-tail risk strategies. With a subscription to Morningstar, advisors can track separately managed accounts, mutual funds and ETFs all in one place.
Analytics provides a robust engine powered by the eVestment global database where advisors can:
- Screen potential managers on 2,300+ unique characteristics for traditional investments and 500+ characteristics for alternatives including qualitative information and all relevant index/universe benchmarks
- Screen across 55,000 investment vehicles in all asset classes and geographies
- Ensure screening includes newer managers and newer strategies
- Create polished materials to support presentations and analysis processes for stakeholders
- Compare managers against peers using numerous industry standard calculations
- Construct, analyze and simulate active or pro forma portfolios using the Efficient Frontier and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Track liquidity to view upcoming redemption possibilities and fees associated with those redemptions
Learn More >
Asset Flows offers a powerful view into global trends – across asset classes – with visibility into strategies, product types and style emphasis. With Asset Flows, you can see:
- What types of products are in or out of vogue?
- What kind of firm is investing in what kind of product and where?
- Are the funds in my portfolio moving ahead of market shifts?
Learn More >
Breaking down the components of active return is key to better understanding a manager’s performance, evaluating investment decisions and determining the right questions to ask. eVestment Attribution is an equity holdings-based attribution system that helps you:
- Understand the impact of security, sector and regional decisions as well as style, timing and activity components – quickly determining the manager’s strengths and weaknesses
- Access and review attribution within the same Analytics platform you know and love – complete with advanced filtering, charting and publishing capabilities
- Leverage 100% global institutional holdings data integrated directly into product profiles – no need to import data
- Evaluate attribution against a new and unique peer group relative view called Peer Alpha – think peer group “benchmark” based on actual and aggregated holdings -- or compare against a specific active manger
- Assess attribution analysis for hundreds of managers at once – produce reports in less than a minute
Learn More >
Peer Alpha is eVestment’s web-based, aggregated peer-holdings database that is fundamentally changing the way allocators assess managers — leveraging the help of the industry’s only 100% institutional equity holdings data.
- Compare your managers portfolio to the average portfolio in a universe
- See how closely your manager is adhering to stated philosophies
- Enhance performance and holding overlap analysis
Learn More >
PerTrac RiskPlus helps advisors better understand their portfolio risk using returns-based analysis for both normal and non-normal distributions using traditional and fat-tailed frameworks.
- Assess both risk and upside using a returns-based model
- Utilize an award-winning portfolio risk solution built in partnership with FinAnalytica
- Test your portfolio under pre-defined or custom market conditions and shock factors
- Produce easy-to-interpret reporting quickly
Learn More >